Prepared by Sunil Kulung
Picture by Santosh Kulung
Tumlingtar to Mahakulung Bukur Trek is one of the easiest trekking routes located in eastern Nepal. It enters the Khumbu (Everest) region and provides really superb view of Mt./ Everest and Mt. Makalu. It is located between Sagarmatha and Makalu Barun National Park, which means it provides you with a chance to see some of the most beautiful scenery in Nepal.
Tumlingtar Mahakulung (Arun Velley) trek is within two district Shankhuwashava and Solukhumbu in the eastern part of Nepal. Among trekking routes, it is a unique because all the trekking points start from south to north mountain areas but this trek operates from belly of valley without passing none of the Himalayas of course two impressive mountain views include the trek. It is known as for village valley trek and Himalayas trek.
The trekking routes offers excellent long ranges of Everest, Makalu, Cho Oyu, and Lhotse, and other numerous peaks. Mahakulung of salpa pass trail known as combination trekking region of two popular trekking region Makalu and Everest region. There are two passes encounter one is Mahakulung or Salpa pass and other is Surke both are above 3000m. Mahakulung or Salpa pass route mostly located between the Sagarmatha and Makalu-Barun National Park. Mahakulung Bukur or Salpa pass trek combines all culture and nature. Chirping birds, gentle noise of streams, and fragrance of pine trees, spectacular views of rhododendron forest, shrubs, and bushes on the Mahakulung Bukur or Salpa pass valley trekking trail provides you a different experience than the other busy trekking routes of Nepal where the numbers of tourist is more than the local people.
A very few tourist discover the fascinating Mahakulung Bukur or salpa pass trek t , home to Kulung and Sherpa ethnic people with traditional customs, that haven’t changed the countries.
Mahakulung Bukur or Salpa pass trekking for those trekkers who are seeking less crowded virgin trekking destination. For this trail is not required any previous hiking and m experience. Mahakulung Bukur or Salpa pass trek is moderate trekking trail of Makalu and Everest region. Best season is March to May and September to December but due to the less altitude it can be organize trek all through the year.
- Total Program days: 17 Days
- Trek Grade: Medium’
- Altitude: Salpa Pass (3350 m.)
- Best Trekking times: March, April, May, September, October, and November.
- Permits: TIMS card, Makalu Barun National Park permit.
- Transportation: Kathmandu- Tumlingtar (Flight) Mahakulung bazar to Kathmandu (on jeep)
- Activity: Trekking/ sightseeing
- Average trekking hours per day:4-6 hours.
- Accommodation: Local tea houses/ Hotel
- Start: Tumlingtar
- Finish: Mahakulung Bazar
- Day 01- Arrival in Kathmandu (1350)
- Day 02- Sightseeing and Shopping in Kathmandu.
- Day 03-Fly from KTM to Tumlingtar and trekking to Chywabesi (250m) -(3-4hrs)
- Day 04-Chywabesi to Gothe Bazar (800m) Approx (5-6hrs)
- Day 05-Gothe bazar to Phedi (1680m) Approx 7hrs
- Day 06-Phedi to Salpa (3300m) Approx 4hrs
- Day 07-Salpa to Silicho Danda came back to Salpa camp (4156m)- (7-8hrs) uphill to silicho 3-4hrs enjoy sunrise and Everest range, Makalu and others and come down to salpa pokhari this both are holly place.
- Day 08- Salpa to Gudel (2200m0) approx. (6-7hrs)
- Day 09- Gudel to Pelmang (4-5hrs)
- Day10- Pelmang to Bukur Phedi Approx (7-8hrs)
- Day 11-Bukur phedi to Bukur top approx. 4700m and (4-5hrs)
- Day 12- Bukur top to Chheskam (7-8hrs)
- Day 13-Chheskam to Chharakhor 2850m lunch camp (7-8hrs)
- Day 14- Chharakhor to Mahakulung Bazar-Bung 1800m (5-6hrs)
- Day 15-Bung to Kathmandu on jeep.
- Day 16-Sightseing in Kathmandu
- Day 17-Departure from Kathmandu.
If you want to publish anything, we nepalnamcha welcome you with a smile. Just remember email@example.com for it.